China Motorcycle News

everything you need to know about the Chinese motorcycle industry .
Contact us for advice on business, new models, parts and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Introduce Yourself!

Shem
Site Owner

New to the site, or the forum? Then tell us a bit about yourself.

--

FORUM USER POLICY

October 28, 2011 at 3:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

HPS Motorsports

For the life of me, I can't figure these Chinese powersports companies.

How hard could it be to have your communication materials written in the language of the country you plan to do business?

Are they that vain? Are they that daft?

Currently my nephew is in China working as a teacher, teaching English to Chinese students.

Here's a novel idea...throw the kid a couple hundred dollars and let him re-write sales materials and owners manuals.

Hell....send an extra scooter on my next order...I'll do it!

September 1, 2012 at 8:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ger Duhig

Hi, my name is Ger and I am from Ireland. I ride a Keeway Speed 125. Looking forward to chatting with you all.:)

November 1, 2013 at 6:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

flyingtiger

What I've found am I'm sure you all have is the lack of customer support that enables a person to contact the manufacturer to get questions answered in English. I live a long way from any big city so I have never seen a dealership with anything I'd be interested in buying. All the dealers near me only sell 125 cc bikes for locals and they've never considered riding for sport. I don't speak Chinese which greatly complicates the whole situation. 

Has anyone got any technical contacts in these companies (and that doesn't mean the girl at the front desk), who speak good English and can answer questions? I'm looking for something that would be good in the dirt. So far I think Zhongzhen and Shineray are the only two options for bikes made in China. I need to find out where all there dealers are. I don't want to buy a bike that I'll need to take to a dealer 300 km away if it breaks.

I'd like to also find out if these company's parts are interchangeable with any particular foreign bike in order to upgrade things like tall seats or handlebar risers, etc.

November 14, 2013 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cagiva4ever

hi !

from Brands-manufacturers "Zhongzhen and Shineray" : based on what ive seen and what i own, ZS is much better quality.

at least on ATV scene.

from Chinese brands, look for Lifan, ZongShen, Bashan. etc couple more.

generally speaking not so many or at all interchangeable parts With-from european bikes.

From other hand 100's interchangeable parts AMONG chinese brands.

at past and currently Chinese atv's and mopeds-motorcycles are basically for people who can do Maintenance them selfs, are handy diy.

i have worked and work randomly on a Dealer ship that retails new/used chinese vehicles. and also brakes them into parts. i do Mechanic work etc. and generally im in the industry, been since 1997 offically.

my personal opinion is that a Person who is handy and is diy able and has internet skills, can make a good use out from Chinese vehicle.

Working in the Scene i have seen and fixed most common issues on Chinese vehicles and seen Weak points of them, also from Crash damage perspective, as a Mechanic per working on a bike salvage yard etc.

as Said best Brand to start from is Lifan. Keeway is also good.

bye:)

m

December 30, 2013 at 6:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

churchillcustoms

Hi, 

We are Churchill Customs! We are a foreign team of motorcycle builders who build bikes in China! 

We would love your input!

http://www.facebook.com/churchillcustoms

February 8, 2014 at 3:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.
UA-85719550-1